Saturday, October 18, 2008

The Charity Movie Night (17 Oct 08)

In life, we never walk alone. I was touched by the number of friends who came to support our charity movie - all of them who took time out to be with us, to give their blessings and best wishes for the expedition.

It was my third time watching "To Speak", yet the message of the story never fails to move me. I cried buckets the first time I watched it because it embodied so much of the struggle, pain, and lack of support that you would experience when you first take action on a dream. It reminded me of my struggle to realise some of my dreams, and how hard it is sometimes to remove the obstacles along the way. Sometimes, the obstacles block and overwhelm, and hope fails. That's when it gets really dark, when you look at your dream and question yourself for your utter foolishness. I have been there, in that space where you cannot find the strength to hold on to the dreams that means so much to you.

But, and this truly illustrates the beauty of "To Speak", I was also reminded of the power of dreams, how when you have a compelling vision driving you, when you have absolute determination and perseverance backing you, when you are honest-to-goodness sure that you will achieve your dream, come what may, the gods align with you. The journey may be a rocky road full of bumps, trips, bleeds, but hey, you will get there. Maybe not quite in the same way that you had originally envisioned, but you will get there, with angels supporting and lending you a helping hand just when you need it the most.

It echoes this expedition journey, the excitement, toil, love and passion that goes into this journey, to bring us thus far. Without all of you around us, we will not be here.

My gratitude to all of you who came and were a part of making our dream possible. I wish you the best, that you too will go forth and live your dreams. Live a life with passion and love, life's too short for anything else.
Our next screening is on 26th Oct 08 (Sunday), 3.45pm! Don't miss it!

Mingling around outside Sinema Old School

Craig sharing how he embarked on his journey of making "To Speak" & the amazing experiences he has gained from it


Presenting Craig with our handmade gift of appreciation

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indeed a very touching show. Would like to attend the other screening but need to go for my training. Please take good care of yourself during the Cambodia trip and I pray for your safe return.

FernG@liCious said...

Hey Serene, I am more touched by you. You are true blue Hwa Chongian...who Lives with Passion and Leads with Compassion. May God bless Team AGape with a fruitful harvest...lives touched and youths transformed.....Amen